- Plataformas: Xbox ONE, PlayStation 4 y PC
- Desarrollador: Capcom DIOS
- Género: Survival Horror
- Jugadores: 1.
- Idioma: Castellano
- Lanzamiento: 24 de Enero de 2017
- Capcom ha aclarado algunos detalles sobre Resident Evil 7, anunciado durante el E3 2016 y con una demostración ya disponible, por el momento en PlayStation 4.
- Resident Evil 7 se jugará en primera persona y se han eliminado los quick-time events o eventos de pulsación de botones, que se habían criticado en las últimas entregas. La compañía dice haber escuchado las quejas a Resident Evil 6 para rehacer la jugabilidad y ofrecer una experiencia de terror más fuerte.
- La demostración no es representativa del contenido final, pero la versión final sí seguirá este acercamiento al horror: "El teaser es una prueba del tono, en lugar del contenido", ha dicho su director Koushi Nakanishi.
"No muestra todos los pilares jugables que tendrá. Se centra en el miedo, el horror y la exploración. Los otros pilares de Resident Evil, los puzles, gestión de recursos y combate se mostrarán próximamente. Todos están ahí, pero nos fijamos en el horror para la demo. Así que si piensas que nos apartábamos del miedo en los últimos años, esta es una declaración de intenciones para decir 'hemos vuelto'".
"La cámara en primera persona era parte del concepto original en este juego. No fue algo decidido a medio camino", decisión tomada para destacar el horror.
- Volverán las plantas curativas, un elemento que no aparece en la demo. Habrá menos enemigos que en otros Resident Evil, pero con un significado mayor.
- Por primera vez en la saga, la historia estará escrita por un autor occidental, Richard Pearsey, quien participó en F.E.A.R. y Spec-Op.
- El productor del juego, Masachika Kawata confirma que Resident Evil 7 incluirá algo de acción, pero que ni mucho menos será el motivo último del título.
"En el juego final, por supuesto, existirán numerosos tipos de mecánicas, incluyendo el combate, y puede que incluso algo de acción en forma de tiroteos", comenta. "Una de las muchas cosas de las que queríamos enfatizar con Resident Evil 7 es que no siempre se puede solucionar todo con disparos. Queríamos que, llegado a un determinado caso, tomes ventaja y huyas del combate, o que uses objetos de otra forma contra los enemigos en una aproximación distinta de combate. Esto es lo que queremos decir con 'trata de sobrevivir al horror', que será un elemento clave en Resident Evil 7", afirma Kawata.
Info by Yvlaskya: Imágenes Videos
- Main character is named Ethan, who travels to Dulvey (Louisiana) to look for her missing wife
- RE 7 is not a zombies game anymore. This time is much more focused on psychological horror
- A new type of enemy called "Holoforms"
- They saw 3 different bosses and really liked them. In one of these boss fights you have to drive a car
- Much more focused on exploration than previous RE games
- Inventory size is limited (e.g. shotgun takes two intentory blocks)
- Manual saving
- You can save as many times as you want, but once you complete the game for the first time, you unlock the "Asylum/Madhouse" difficulty, where saving is limited
- The number of ammo is quite limited, so most of the time you have to run away from enemies. Ethan can also protect himself from enemies attacks by using his arms or by binding down just before he's gonna get hit
- Confirmed weapons so far: knife (first weapon you find), handgun, shotgun, magnum, flamethrower and chainsaw
- The members of the Baker family are "bullet sponges", so you will need a huge amount of ammo to kill them. However, they can be stunned after a certain number of shots
- There are A LOT of jumpscares/scary moments
- A certain kind on insect will have a great importance/presence in one section of the game
- Ethan wears a watch called "codec", where you can check your health and works as main game interface
- Throughout the game we will find "cages" containing new weapons, health/weapons upgrades, etc. In order to open them, we'll have to collect coins that can be found in different scenarios (they seem to be hidden and difficult to find)
- There'll be a lot of locked doors first time we get into the Baker's house. To open them, we need to find specific keys or single-use lockpicks
- Items boxes are back
- Ethan is not particularly fast (his movement seems to be quite slow), so we have to pay attention to our environment for any enemy signal to start running away as soon as possible
- "Holoforms" are quite similar to Hunters, but slower. To kill them, we'll have to dismember them
- We'll have the option to use "psychostimulants" to find hidden items. However, they are completely optional and their duration is limited
- Puzzles will have a great presence again. However, the ones that they witnessed were quite simple (e.g. rotate an item in front of a source of light to generate a silhouette)
- We'll never see Ethan's face
- The world is filled with collectable VHS tapes that contain different "mini-games". For instance, they found one where Mia has to hide from Marguerite, and if the later finds her, you have to start over again. These tapes bring new mechanics to the table, as well as new story bits
- There are different collectibles besides VSH tapes. In the build they played, the menu indicated the presence of 32 documents, 18 old coins (currency to buy new upgrades) and 20 figures called "Mr. Everywhere", which function is unknown.
- The game seems to be in the final stages of development, as they played a build including Spanish localization.
- Technically speaking, the game is not a masterpiece, but the graphics hold really well. The technical aspect they liked the most was the lighting effects
- The presence of HDR is the only technical detail confirmed so far
- There are constant references to the original Resident Evil
--The Holoforms will be hunter-esque creature but way much slower than them (Possible considering a tier2 level enemy compared to normal zombies without any relation to actual hunters)...Whats more interesting is, that to end them we will have to dismember them. Guns will most likely have no effect on them at all. Hence may be the main reason of why we have flamethrowers, dynamites, grenades and chainsaw.
--"The moody environment is only the first layer of the onion that is re7. As you remove layers, you will shed tears of nostalgia. at last!" (The corridor with bluish glow picture)
--"The Knife will be the first weapon that we hold, and the bugs/spiders you see in the image will have a great presence in a certain section." (Knife picture)
--A mysterious character will often call us on the phone (the lifelong fixed (?!) ), which will be key to the narrative. Rush to it when you hear the sound far away. (Telephone Picture)
--The codec will be a wristwatch that will show the health and that will act as interface. The screen will be clean of indicators, aldo ideal for virtual reality. (Wristwatch picture.)
--These cages will contain improvements (more health, higher speed of recharge, a magnum). To open them you will need coins, which will be hidden throughout the storyline. (Cage picture.)
Page 6 :
--"The psychostimulants" will serve to locate the objects that are nearby by making them glow. For the purists, its use will be optional and its duration will be very limited." (Pills picture.)
--"Generate a silhouette" seems to be one of the easiest puzzles around. (Straw Doll picture.)
--Camille Baker will appear at certain places only to disappear when you turn back. (Camilla Baker picture.)
--Door picture one was kinda confusing, but I assume someone is baiting Ethan to get closer via lantern and unfortunately he needs to go in there to progress further.
"The idea is that humans are the most terrifying creatures of all." says the producers on last page with huge letters, which will probably be the main theme of game.
It should be also mentioned that after probably an 12 months later or so, game may be available for HTC Vive and Oculus but its not clear if thats just a guess of writer because Im yet to see any statement confirmed.